Last week my bloggy friend Kristen did a post entitled “You know you are a mom when...” and I thought it was such a cute and funny concept that I asked if I could continue the list from my perspective.
So, here’s my “You know you are a mom when”s…
– You have to say “stop playing with your brother’s pen*s” more than once in a 2 minute period.
– You find bits of play-doh in your bra.
– You walk around the house singing the theme song to “Toot & Puddle.”
– You clean out your car and then the very next day it looks as bad or worse as it did BEFORE you cleaned it out.
– You find yourself opening several plastic Easter eggs late at night looking for the “good” candy.
– On your way to bed at night from across the house (all lights out) you trip over one fire truck, one pair of baby boy shoes and something else that you aren’t sure what it was.
– You do your best to answer questions about how far it is to heaven but are pretty sure you fail miserably considering you don’t actually know the answer to that and know NO ONE who does.
– You load the dishwasher with more IKEA kids dishes than actual, adult, breakable dishes.
– You realize you’ve been eating your fair share of Goldfish lately too.
– You are at the park and smell poopy on the toddler. When you go to change him in the car and realize that you have NO baby wipes, you are VERY thankful for the bottle of water and paper towels in the back of the car. And also quite glad you did NOT clean out the car THAT day.
So there you have it.
I’m sure some of you have your own “you know you are a mom when”s so if you do, please post your list and then let me and/or Kristen know. We’d love to read ’em! : )