So, I thought I would post a little list of what I have learned from my running so far. (P.S. I stole the title of this post from this chick from a comment she left me last week. I like to give credit where credit is due… and well, I just couldn’t resist using it!)
1. It’s REALLY hard to get up and run (or do just about anything) at 6:15 in the morning.
2. Stretching before AND after is a good thing.
3. As long as I have the RIGHT music on my iPod Shuffle, for example U2’s “Vertigo,” I can run longer. (note to self: do not leave said shuffle at home on kitchen counter, because then running is MUCH harder…)
4. Running on the treadmill is EASIER than outside.
5. Big XL sized t-shirts are TOO hot for me while running.
6. A good sports bra makes ALL the difference.
7. Determination goes a LONG way.
8. It’s like any exercise, that first 15 minutes or so is HARD but after then it gets easier.
9. You CAN sweat from your arms.
10. Mind over MATTER is very important.
So… I am 4 weeks in and I will keep on keepin’ on. And hopefully I will start shedding some pounds soon too. Unfortunately I believe my chocolate addiction and plentiful Trader Joe’s snacks have NOT helped that pursuit. Apparently I need some motivation to keep from stuffing my mouth too…