I am SO very ready for Fall to arrive this year. Unfortunately the fact that it begins this weekend is lost on Southern Louisiana. It doesn’t usually kick in around here until mid to late October and right now we are still dealing with temps in the low 90’s and the humidity from H.E. double hockey sticks. However, that does not typically stop us from putting up our Fall wreaths and other festive decor. Wishful thinking is strong in the Southern woman! Plus, the candy aisle at my grocery store is already stocked full for Halloween. Yes, it IS hard to resist that gigantic bag of Kit Kats. And mini Reese’s cups. And 100 Grands. (I could go on…)
I do adore Fall when it finally makes an appearance! I like to wear more fall-ish clothes and I love the crisp mornings. And the softer sun. And my clothes NOT sticking to me. That part is really nice.
So this time around Mindi, from Simply Stavish, and I want to hear about your favorite things of Fall for Old School Blogging!
Join us! Just copy and paste the questions below into your own post and tell us all about your Fall! Grab the button too!
1. What Fall traditions do you have?
We always go to the local “pumpkin patch”. The family loves to go
be dragged there and pick out pumpkins, get snacks and play games.
It is also becoming a tradition to go to my MIL’s for Thanksgiving, which I love. It is a really nice time to be together with Tim’s side of the family.
2. What is your favorite fall recipe? Something pumpkin. I do love pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing so I will go with this one that I published last year…
3. What is a favorite Fall photo (or photos) you’ve taken?
This is a hard one because you know, I take a FEW photos here and there. 😉
4. Football – love it or hate it (maybe it steals your hubby away)? I wouldn’t say I HATE it but I’m not a fan. Get it, “not a fan”? Like if it wasn’t on I would NOT care! And the fact that it now goes on from Thurs. – Mon. is pretty annoying.
5. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? I’m not sure I had a favorite but I remember dressing as a hobo clown, probably when I was like 11 or so and I wore one of my Dad’s ties from the 70’s and his huge shoes and I looked really great. Man, I wish I had that pic!
6. Pumpkins or Ghosts or both? I gotta go with pumpkins. I especially like the ones made of natural materials, like grapevines or corn husks. I also like real ones. To carve and decorate with.
Here is a wreath I just made today! I had to after seeing some I admired on Pinterest…
7. What’s your favorite fall fashion item (boots? scarves? sweaters?, etc.) Boots! I love them! And this year there are so many cool styles. (this pic is from last year…)
8. Is “leaf pile jumping” your thing or not? Absolutely. Although we don’t really do it until probably November or December around here…
9. Is “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” a must-watch at your house? Oh yes! Although I get a little tired of poor Linus’ whining…
10. What are you going to be for Halloween this year (or your kids…)? There is talk of full-on Star Wars gear this year, including Ollie (the dog) going as an Ewok but I’m not sure that is going to pan out. Pretty sure K wants to be Elsa from Frozen so… we’ll see…
Don’t forget to tweet with me (@elainea) and Mindi (@SimplyStavish) using the hashtag #OSBlog! We are excited to hear all about your Fall!
And please try to visit some other linkers too and keep Old School Blogging fun for everyone! 🙂 Linky is open for 10 days!