So yes, it is the time of year when we look back on the one that just passed.
I was wondering what my lovely friend Jennie and I were going to do for Old School Blogging this time around and I realized it had to be something like this- a recap of sorts. And then I found this list of questions over at Leigh Ann’s place, via Rage Against the Minivan. And I was sold.
So join us and tell us all about YOUR year that was! I love looking back. I am very nostalgic. After reading all of your posts I plan to dust off all of my old scrapbooks and take a look WAY back. Remember scrapbooking? Anyone need any supplies, like corner rounders and sticker borders? No? Maybe I should go into the card making business, I have so much stuff left over.
But I digress!
Here’s MY 2013 in a (big ole) nutshell!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I stood in freezing cold water in a Canadian stream. I went to the beach with just girlfriends. I put my writing out there… to no avail. Yet. Guess I’ll just have to be brave and put it out there again.
And I came to realizations LIKE this. 😉 That are inevitably part of our world now.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not really make any resolutions, until my birthday. I guess that was the beginning of a “New Year” to me. 🙂 And I would have to say, they are pretty much the same this year…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, three of my friends here in Lafayette had beautiful baby boys!! And my on-line friend Keely also gave birth to a boy! Apparently it was the year of the BOY.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada! I am also going to add states of the U.S., which include Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Illinois and Texas (of course).
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
I’m inclined to say “more time” as well, but then I feel like I would just fill it with stuff that I do not need to fill it with, you know?
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I suppose July 1. I was RIGHT where I wanted to be on that date and I didn’t even have wifi. ;-p We were in Canada, with my beautiful cousin and her family, celebrating their home’s “independence day” and just enjoying life. It was a wonderful way to start the second half of my year…
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding out that Jennifer and I get to co-produce Listen To Your Mother. Running a 10K after all my ankle issues last year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining weight back that does NOT need to be here.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious. A few bouts of sickness here or there…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hands down, my 35mm lens. 🙂
12. Where did most of your money go?
Travel. Which makes me super happy. I love to go places.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Our time in Canada. My H.S. reunion. My spontaneous trip to BlogHer.
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
That darn Robin Thicke one… ugh.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier, for sure.
– thinner or fatter? Um, the latter.
– richer or poorer? Richer. In more ways than money.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Listened. Even though that was my word for the year, I feel like I could always do better in that department.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eaten carbs. Okay, maybe not.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
See HERE. In Texas, with family and friends!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Downton Abbey. Yes, I got sucked in.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Gone Girl. Even though it kinda pissed me off.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I liked Kelly Clarkson’s latest album, Just Give Me a Reason with Pink and Nate Ruess, Maroon 5’s latest and I went “Old School” (imagine that!) by downloading Thriller from Michael Jackson after this post. 🙂
22. What was your favorite film of the year?
I laughed so damn hard at “We’re The Millers”. And I really liked Frozen, mostly for the music. Plus, I gotta talk about Pitch Perfect, even though it was a 2012 movie I did not see it until 2013. And I loved it. And the short, addictive “Cup Song.”
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was in Texas and had dinner with good friends there and a delicious cupcake from my friend who bakes them for a living. 🙂 I turned 38. 40 is looming…
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Calorie-free chocolate chip cookies. Oh, I jest. Sort of.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Realizing that there is really nothing for me at Charlotte Russe or Forever 21 anymore and that it is okay to buy something at Coldwater Creek. Like I said, 40 is on the way… 😉
Seriously, I love clothes. Always have. I struggle with the fact that many dresses (and shorts) out there are too short for me now but I do know that a good pair of tights can take you a long way. I had more fun accessorizing this year with jewelry and scarves. I don’t have any babies to pull earrings out of my ears anymore…
26. What kept you sane?
Counseling. You didn’t know that, did you? Okay, fine. Some of you did.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Relationships can be really hard at times, but they are worth the work. And work you must.
Wow, that was fun but also I had to really THINK about some of these questions! So much reflection on a year past…
Like The Miss Elaine-ous Life on Facebook! It’s all the rage!