So, I am in Austin and if you are reading this that means the auto-posty thingy did it’s job just right. Yay!
Here are some random thoughts for a Monday. Take ’em or leave ’em (I suggest you take ’em, but that’s just me…)
*How come you can never find a tissue when you need one? You know when your one-year-old has a snot capsule (aka booger) the size of Texas on his nose while your nusing him and it ends up on you. And the tissues are well, in the other room. Yuck.
* Why do kids always get candy at the end of any kind of school program/year/educational function? I mean quit with the tootsie rolls already people! Can’t the teachers just give stickers and pencils and other junk we don’t need but cannot consume? (yes, at the end of VBS there was a plastic baggie with candy…) Here’s a little video from VBS for your viewing pleasure. The B Man is front and center in the dark green shirt and Thomas sunglasses on his head. He would not wear the separately purchased t-shirt that all the other kids in this frame are sporting. My son is not a conformist, I can tell you that.
* Nuby sippy cups claim to be “no spill” but if that is true I am a monkey’s uncle (and I am not, by the way).
* Hagen Daas ice cream is good. Especially the chocolate. Not sure how I would know this. ahem.
* Can a 13-month old have popcorn? I guess so since mine did on Friday.
* Leaving the freezer door to the extra fridge in the garage slightly ajar in 98 degree heat is not a good idea and it is NOT good for the taste of the thawed and then refrozen chicken nuggets that the household’s 4-year old now says “taste funny.” Just FYI… (p.s. I didn’t leave the door open, the hus did).
* I’ve joined a photography group from this blog, so that I can learn how to use my camera more effectively. Our first assignment is to read the manual to our camera. Someone shoot me (no pun intended). But I will do it for the love of all that is picturesque.
* When the child’s prizes for being good come in a 3-pack and you are only giving one at a time, don’t forget to hide the other 2. Just speakin’ from experience here.
Hope everyone who reads this is havin’ a great Monday. It’s possible people – think positive!