1. It’s the first week in June and already bleepin’ HOT here in Texas. In the last couple of weeks I have done much perspiring or glistening, whichever lady-like term for sweatin’ you wanna use. I think we are really in for it this year.
2. Tim (see honey, it’s in print now!) and I made a committment to each other this week to eat healthier and try to get as much exercise as possible. I have already done something 2 days in a row and plan to join a local rec center so I can use their weight room and go to some exercise classes. I need motivation so send good and encouraging thoughts – PLEASE! My weight isn’t THAT bad, although it could be better, but I am especially flabby in some areas. : (
3. I am already going a little stir crazy now that The B Man is not going to his little school 2 days a week. It’s amazing the difference that 11 hours with only one child can make in your life. This is why he is going to “summer school” in July. Sanity people, it’s NOT overated.
4. Thanks for all the sweet comments about Little G’s hair. I was really proud of myself for not crying when they were cutting it. I really kind of wanted to. I know he still looks cute but… IT. WAS. HIS… BABY….. HAIR (gulp) WAAAAAAAAAH! (ok. I feel better now)
5. We cleaned out the garage last weekend and decided to just donate all the
crap stuff instead of having a garage sale (see first item on list – too hot!). It really is amazing how much junk one family can acquire. I even cleaned out some toys. Who’s proud? Ok, you can sit down and stop clapping now, that’s enough, really.
6. I am really jonesin for some kind of vacation soon, although it probably won’t happen until August. I may have a hard time reading your blogs if you all start posting about your wonderful vacations to beautiful and exotic places, or even to the local water park. So, I’ll just look longingly out my window and try to forget that the nearest beach is like 500 miles away and pretend that I am out there, by the water getting a
7. Little G continues to nurse but I am sort of getting anxious to cut him off. Any weaning tips are greatly appreciated. I know I cannot really force it and I don’t want to do that, I just would like to know that there is an end in sight and pretty soon. Does any of that make sense?
8. Anyone else watching “So You Think You Can Dance?” This is one of my weaknesses. I actually really like to watch the dancing.
9. I keep going on about Little G’s love of music but I also need to mention that The B Man has some inclination in that way as well. Although he doesn’t “get down” every time a son comes on, like his brother, he can hear a song only once or twice and remember the tune and most of the words. Just sayin’.
10. We are so thankful that Tim’s career is going well and because of that (and the fact that his car is pretty old and run-down) he bought a new car on Monday. It’s nice. While driving it to Tar-jay last night (by myself) I had a little bit of an out of body experience. Please don’t think I am “bragging” but this baby has all the bells and whistles. Let’s just say if you whistle, it may whistle back.
That’s all I got today. TGIF (tomorrow…)