Today I’m linking up with my friend Nicole for her Listable Life series…
1. Friends – this is kind of a no-brainer for my generation, I believe. I still miss this show. I kinda wish it could be on forever. I cried when it ended. Funny thing was, I didn’t start watching it from the very beginning. I remember being in my dorm and passing by one of the common rooms to go do some laundry, and a bunch of students were in the room watching it. I popped in on my way back from moving the clothes to the dryer and sat it on the rest of the episode and was like “that show’s alright…” I had to go back and re-watch the first couple of seasons… 🙂
2. ER – I was a die-hard fan and watched this show from the very beginning until the bitter end. I’ll never forget the episode where Noah Wiley’s character and the actress from Life Goes On got stabbed by that crazy guy. That will stick with me forever. And when Dr. Green died I cried SO hard. (I also have to give NYPD Blue an honorable mention here because it was one of my favorite dramas as well).
3. Three’s Company – I could never get enough of Jack Tripper and his antics as a kid. I can still see him getting hit with that swinging kitchen door and Mrs. Roper’s awful mumu/robe/dresses and later, Mr. Furley’s crazy polyester leisure suits. I’m pretty sure there was nary a situation of misunderstanding that this show did not explore. “Come and knock on our door…” Also? I wanted Chrissy’s hair.
4. Modern Family -This show makes me laugh OUT LOUD every single week. If I have to pick a favorite character it’s totally Phil. That man kills me! I love how dysfunctional yet sweet they all are. Maybe because I can relate. *cough*
5. The Wonder Years – I loved this show because even though it was set in a different era, I was about “Kevin Arnold”‘s age while it was on and could relate to so many of his feelings, etc. And I loved the family dynamics and the friendships – oh, and the theme song “With a Little Help From My Friends”. (other honorable mention sitcoms I loved – Growing Pains and Family Ties. Oh and Who’s The Boss… And anyone for some Facts of Life? Okay, I’m done.. I think… )
6. Lost (the first season) – Lost sorta “lost” me during season 2 but every episode of the first season BLEW me away. I was hooked from the first one with the plane crash, until “Walt” got nabbed by “The Others” at the end of the season.
Other shows I thought of while typing this list: Two and Half Men, before Charlie sheen went totally nuts, was REALLY funny when it first started. I also loved Cheers and Dallas in the 80’s. Oh and Happy Days, before the Fonze jumped the shark of course, and Dynasty. Anyone remember Knots Landing and Falcon Crest? Yeah, my parents let me watch these shows! Can you believe?
*I realize this turned into much longer than a list of 5 or 6 but I watched a lot of t.v. as a kid. If you couldn’t tell…
It’s also Miss Elaine-ous Monday, so please link up!
Remember, ANY “miss elaine-ous” post will do, something from your archives or something brand new! 🙂
Do you have a post that meant a lot to you but wasn’t read by as many folks as you’d hoped? Or one that has great pictures and you want more people to see them? Or do you just have one that you really want to share!?
I’ll also choose a random post from those who link up to feature on The Miss Elaine-ous Life Facebook page (please “Like” if you have not already) so even more folks will see a new post every week! Grab the button and link up! And please visit some of the other linkers as well…