While hangin’ out in Texas for the holiday I asked my friend Maria from Bored Mommy to do a little guest post for me.
Maria is my kind of people and I hope that some day we can hug each other in person. We immediately bonded over cupcakes, upon finding each other in the blog/twitter world last year. So… that’s how I know she’s my kind. 😉 I suggest you find her on Twitter too, if you haven’t already. Her hashtags are not to be missed…
Happy Thanksgiving to all the lovely Americans out there – wishing you a wonderful holiday. May you eat a whole lot of turkey, and not get injured when you get your shop on. (Hold your bags up high, so your purchases survive if you happen to fall victim to a Black Friday stampede).
I will not be celebrating this weekend, because I’m Canadian, and that bird was cooked a while ago. However, I’m here to give thanks, nevertheless to some things I think are worthy of such recognition.
I give thanks to:
• Great Books
• Colin Firth
• Perfect Fall days
• People with a sense of humour
• The elimination of the socks and sandals look worldwide (a girl can dream)
• Great girlfriends
• Stains that come out with soap and water
• Family members who cook for you
• Husbands who can locate the hamper on a daily basis (again, a girl can dream)
• Bedtime stories filled with giggling
• People who understand personal space in the line at the bank
• Money (because love don’t buy Mommy lattes)
• Windex (also known in my house as the centipede killer)
• Children cooperating when trying to take a picture for the Christmas card without pushing mommy to drink (Mommies, keep your beverages close)
• A new pack of crayons (give thanks to these quickly – they won’t last)
• Modern Family (yes, it’s the best show on tv, thank you for asking)
• Men who just happen to walk by and smell amazing (please linger while I inhale)
• Tooth fairies and Easter bunnies and Santa for keeping the little ones’ dreams alive
• Gum and or mints, because you never get a second chance at a first impression (especially if your breath could kill a small animal)
• Laundry that folds itself
• Baby wipes, that clean everything from butts to Barbies
• Stacks of Magazines
• Hiding in your closet to read stacks of magazines
I could go on but I would love to hear what you’re thankful for! Please leave a comment below for my gracious and lovely host, Elaine.