Both of my boys are off to school today.
Can you hear the silence?
That’s right, every Tuesday & Thursday it’s gonna be a lot more quiet around here. It will interesting to see how Little G does (he’s just a little attached to me right now) but at “meet the teacher” last week they assured me he’d be fine after a little while and because of the many distractions available.
I also start my new “gig” tomorrow, babysitting my friend Lisa’s daughter, Anna. She’ll be with us full time starting next week but tomorrow is her first day with us. She is going to the same school as the boys so I will be dropping off 3 kids in 3 different rooms. Pray for me.
Anyway, I have some grand plans in my head as to what I want to do with my “free” 11 hours per week (although once I get everyone dropped off and settled it will probably be more like 10) and I thought I would make a list of what I will do with my time. This is BIG people!
* Take a shower in which I actually shave something without cutting myself. Oh and I will also remember to rinse the conditioner out of my hair and will stand under the massager from the shower head for a few minutes. Why? Because I can! : )
* Workout at the club without having to have my friend babysit (thanks Mandy!) or go after Tim gets home from work because Little G cries at the child care there and… they DON’T do diapers.
* Go to the grocery store and get a regular cart instead of one of those that you have to turn with your entire body weight, with a car in front for the kids to ride in, in which you end up taking out one or more of the end caps as you weave through the aisles. (sorry for the run-on…)
* Go shopping at Target BY MYSELF in the middle of the day. Pure heaven.
* Go shopping at the mall BY MYSELF in the middle of the day. (don’t worry honey, I won’t be spending THAT much money…)
* Do some scrapbooking. And perhaps a little more scrapbooking. And then maybe… some more scrapbooking. Catch up time!
* Go to lunch with a friend and not have to cut up anyone else’s food but mine. (Hey Mandy, when’s our first lunch date?)
* Organize closets, scrapbooking/crafting supplies, photographs, the garage.
(and if you believe all this I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona…)
* Actually read some of the kazillion magazines that I get in the mail on the sofa instead of in the “library” only (y’all know where the library is, right?)
* Can anyone say pedicure?
Oh and there may be (just maybe) some blogging and twittering time in there. Just a guess.
So tell me, what will/would you do with your free time? It’s possible I need some more ideas. I am an over achiever like that.