Yep, that’s a fine name for a post, wouldn’t you say? I thought REALLY hard on this one, lemme tell ya!
Anyway, here’s some stuff goin’ on in my world.
(Oh, and if you didn’t already know, I have a little giveaway going on right now so see my previous post).
- Little G is cutting his top two “teefers” and has been sporting a low grade fever for the past few days. Luckily it doesn’t affect his sleep, but his mood while awake is another story.
- There are a lot of things coming up in the next month or so and I’m pretty much not ready for it all. Let’s see, I have to decide about preschool for both boys, I am singing in a wedding next weekend (for pay, yeah!), Easter is right around the corner, my birthday just a few days after that, The B Man’s birthday (in which I feel I have to come up with some wonderful party, oh the stress!)
- I am WAY behind on my scrapbooking, partly b/c I spend so much time blogging instead…
- I need to go back to the dentist to get a tooth filled which means I have to find a babysitter for Little G again
- Spring is on it’s way and that is a reason to be happy 🙂 I love SPRING!
- I haven’t watched any of the new LOST shows yet so I have to avoid any talk of it and turn the t.v. down or off when any previews for the show come on
- I am out of shape. What evidence do I have of this? Well, I pulled many a weed out of my yard and flower beds last Wednesday and the back of my legs are still a little sore.
- The B Man has been a bit of a terror lately. I am thinking that 3 has just been a kinda hard year and that on April 2, when he turns 4, it will all change to sweetness and he will always do what I ask and listen, etc., right? Just let me be disillusioned for a little bit, ok? I like living in my own little world where this is concerned!
- I have good news! It turns out there is no sign at all of an economic recession according to the fact that while shopping at the mall today I could hardly get my stroller past all the women in the stores. Albeit outlet stores, but still…
- The Academy Awards are tomorrow night and I am very excited for some red carpet action. I think I have seen maybe one of the movies that is nominated, but hey, who’s counting?
- I will now post a recipe that is a FAMILY FAVORITE and was our dessert tonight after a meal with some of our sweet neighbors. The name really says it all.
Disappearing Marshmellow Brownies
1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips
1/4 Cup Butter/Margarine
3/4 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Marshmellows
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (or spray with cooking spray) 9″ or 8″ pan.
Melt the butterscotch chips and butter in 3 qt saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
Add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and egg into butterscotch mixture in sauce pan and mix well. Fold the chocolate chips, marshmellows and nuts, if including, into the batter until just combined (about 5 strokes).
Spread into pre-greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. DO NOT overbake. Middle should be a little soft but will firm up after cooling
Note: These will “disappear” quickly as seen below… just some crumbs, that’s all that’s left.