It’s probably partly my own fault for not exercising very much and going through the drive-thru WAY too many times this pregnancy, but I truly feel that things may never go back to the way they were before.
Why you ask. Here’s my list of reasons:
1. My feet still aren’t completely back to normal. I tried on 5 pairs of my shoes the other day and NONE of them fit. I had to go and put on my trusty black flip flops that I’ve worn for the last 2 and half months. I don’t like these flip flops anymore. I want to wear my other shoes. And they want me to wear them. I can tell they are all lonely in my closet.
2. I have A LOT more stretch marks than I ever did with the boys. Some of them I couldn’t see while still pregnant because they are on the bottom of my belly. But I can see them now, Oh yes I can. Ugh.
3. My belly is extra jiggly. Yeah, yeah, I know I just had a baby not even two weeks ago but still, my tummy has never been this bowl full of jelly-like.
4. My hips seem wider. I say ‘seem’ because they probably aren’t really that much (if at all) but they certainly look it to me.
5. I remember what my chesticles had become after I finished nursing Gavin and though nursing still hasn’t worked out this time I’m holding out hope and I am pumping so… yeah, I’m guessing they’ll be down to my jiggly belly by the time this nursing/pumping session is over with.
I would like to start exercising as soon as I can and I really miss running and plan to begin the couch to 10K program again, hopefully in a month or so.
But right now, honestly, it’s kinda hard to look at myself in the mirror. I just don’t really recognize THIS body. Obviously I wouldn’t change the reason I’m a little physically altered (beautiful baby girl) but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m somewhat mentally altered by my reflection.
P.S. This post is sponsored by the local “Pity Party” committee, of which I could probably be the leader right now…