It’s been a little bit tumultuous in my miss elaine-ous life lately and my emotions have seemed to get the better of me. Ever since I busted up my car (which I got back early by the way), I’ve felt a little “off.”
Let’s just say there’s been a little crying around here in the past few
weeks days and I am going to officially put it out there – I am in a “funk.”
(and apparently I am going to put quotes around the last word of every paragraph).
I don’t want to have a pity party or anything so I have come up with a few ways to help clear the fog and hopefully move back into my “happy zone.”
(uh – there “they” are again…)
1. Retail therapy. While the kids are at school today I plan to find some new Fall-ish decor items for my house. I am armed with coupons and sale flyers to a couple of places. New pretties for the house always cheer me up.
2. Chocolate. Enough said.
3. Working out. (I know this doesn’t really go along with #2 but bear with me). I had forgotten what it’s like, that feeling you get after working out. There really is something to be said for endorphins. Too bad it doesn’t last longer…
4. Cooking. I do like to cook things from scratch. I haven’t been cooking very much lately. I haven’t really wanted to for whatever reason. So today (also planning on going grocery shopping) I hope to gather the goodies to cook some decent meals again.
5. Sleeping. I’ve promised myself I will go to bed earlier this week. If this one works out it will be a miracle but I really do need my 7 to 8 hours and it’s been a while…
6. Having lunch (kid-less) with a friend. This is the plan on Thursday. It’s going to be a little surreal because it’s usually us AND our kids, but since our kids are in the same pre-school we’re going out by ourselves! WOO HOO!
7. Maybe a pedi after lunch? Yeah…. that sounds good! : )
8. Prayer. Never underestimate the power.
9. Less time worrying, more time taking it all in.
10. Some more chocolate.
Stay tuned for possible updates on how my Ten-Point plan works out…
Also, if you have yet to put a comment here for the giveaway I am doing get to it!