I got this from Holly at In My Over Active Head and I thought it would be fun. You should “play” along too! Let me know if you do!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I do a little bit of both but mostly wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Less expensive in the long run and easier too. Pre-lit ALL. THE. WAY.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually Thanksgiving weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the second week in January after the Epiphany
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. I’d rather use calories on MANY other things! (chocolate *ahem*)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved my pink bike with the fringy things that came out of the handle bars…
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My dad. He’s good with socks. No kidding.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes but I REALLY need new figures since G broke the heads off of a couple of them. But the manger is super cool, it was made by my Dad.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail but may do some email this year to be a little more “green.”
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure…
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. I am a sucker for the leg lamp and the dogs eating the turkey.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? About now. Ah just kidding. It just depends on what I find.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I plead the 5th…
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom’s Spinach dip and thumbprint cookies!
16. Lights on the tree? All white thank you. See here…
17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Sarah McLachlan & BNL version)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Depends on what year it is. We are now switching off. This year we will travel to be with my family.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Dasher and Dancer and Donder and Blitzen. Cupid and… uh no. Wait Rudolph too!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel but The B Man requested a star. I am not wild about the angel so I may look for a new one (that’s star-ish…)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? At my parents we open with the whole family on Christmas Eve. Otherwise, Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The mall.
23. What theme or color are you using? Used to be gold but now it’s pretty much “Hodge Podge!”
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We have a little buffet of all sorts of yummies at my Mom’s but the tradition is boiled shrimp (shrimp cocktail basically)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Panini maker. Oh and world peace, as usual…
26. Do you have a favorite ornament, what? No, not just one. One of my favorite things from my Mom’s tree is that she still has the ornaments we made as kids. So I guess the kids’ ornaments are becoming my favorites.
27. Gifts from Santa? Wrapped or Unwrapped? Unwrapped.