I am so very happy to say goodbye to 37 so I just thought I would go ahead and glorify this birthday with the number in the title. I really do NOT like odd numbers for whatever reason and this year has had some ups but some pretty (weighty) downs too. So Hey, 38, LET’S DO THIS!
I have always loved my birthday. It is in Spring and things are blooming and the weather is warming up and Cadbury Eggs are in the stores. See, perfect time for a birthday!
For this one I am going to Trader Joe’s and out to dinner with some wonderful girlfriends here in Texas.
Unfortunately Tim did go back to Louisiana to work but we celebrated together already and I’ll see him again this weekend. Plus, I am hanging with my good friends who own a cupcake shop and those are just the right size for not too many candles that might burn the house down, ya know?
Instead of reflecting on the last year (no thanks) I am going to look forward to this one and set a few goals for myself.
Are you ready?
* Lose back 10-15 pounds. I cannot run as much as I used to, my ankle is just not up for it. But I can still run some and I can do other exercise as well. Plus, I MUST go back to eating a better diet and I WILL.
* Spend less time on the internet and more with my family.
* Work on some personal issues that need to be addressed.
* Get my writing published somewhere else on the internet. For pay.
* Travel out of the country with the family (we are planning a trip to Canada).
* Step it up with my photography and my photography business.
* Read more books, rather than internet.
Tall order, huh? I am already giving myself permission to maybe let a couple of these slide but NOT the most important ones at the top there. I also think it is still good to write them all down and come back to this post for reminders, and I will.
So, welcome 38! I am really looking forward to making this a fabulous even-numbered year!
Oh and as a birthday gift, please come “Like” my blog Facebook page and tell all your friends to do so too!