Friday, February 29, 2008
Our other computer is currently uploading a million pictures (actually 176) to Kodak Gallery right now so that I can actually have some prints and do some scrapbooking again. I came across this one and had to post it.
This is one CUTE baby I tell ya! Isn't it glorious how we all think that OUR babies are the most cutest EVER?? Guess God made them that way so we can forgive them their transgressions (cutest baby also bit me today - lovely!)
Okay, I give you permission to kiss your computer screen now. You know you want to...
I am not completely sure why, but for some reason this year I am seeing it as a gift - maybe because this actually worked out to be a month where the "hus" gets 3 paychecks! Surely that's it.
Anyway... I have a couple of memes that I need to take care of and I may do one of them later today, but right now, I have more important things to address before the boys and I run out to hang with our playgroup.
I have to, by the power of all that is humorous and funny in this world, share this with my readers. WARNING: It is not very P.C. (mostly just the title of the blog) but I know some of you will find this quite amusing. I was recently alerted to this blog and my husband and I just lost it a moment ago on the phone together because in this post are almost the EXACT two small appliances that we purchased at the holidays.
Again, if it offends anyone, I apologize, but if you read some of it I promise, you will find yourself laughing. Promise.
Oh, and tell me, what are you doing with your "extra" day? Do you have anything special planned or are you just doing your regular old thing? Let me know... Happy Leap Day!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
(Get, it "announce" for Announcements Galore?) Sorry, I am obviously all about cheap laughs this a.m. That is if you even laughed, which I doubt.
Anywho... the winner is..... Krista from Welcome to Married Life! You say you want proof? Well here you go...
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2008-02-28 04:53:58 UTC
She was my ninth comment. Congratulations to Krista and thanks to everyone who participated and mentioned this on their sites as well! And thanks to Announcements Galore for the chance to offer this to my bloggin' friends.
Don't forget that if you still need some of their cool invitations, announcements, etc. you can order them through my blog just by clicking on the button on the sidebar.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Little G enjoyed exploring their place since this was his first visit since he became mobile. He also enjoyed being held by several of the sweet ladies there and GG Carolyn.
We had such a lovely visit and are looking forward to many more in the future.
For more WWs go to 5 Minutes for Mom!
Also, go enter my giveaway that closes at the end of the day today!
Monday, February 25, 2008
I didn't post a picture of the front because there are some phone numbers and many pictures of friend's kids and I don't necessarily want to plaster their faces on here! Anyway, as you can see we have the very popular Leap Frog magnets as well as various arts & crafts done by The B Man.
There are a couple of magnets for the local pizza place, a nutritional guide as to what to feed the kiddos (pizza isn't on there by the way), and a magnetic "organizer" that is not organized at all, but stuffed with old greeting cards, coupons and even some Thomas reward stickers.
Like I said, the front has many pics of our friends' children, several recent birth announcements, my magnetic stationary for my grocery list and my favorite magnet that says, "I 'd stop eating chocolate but I am no quitter."
Now head on over to Heart at Home to participate and possibly win a copy of Clutter's Last Stand.
(and if you didn't know, I have a giveaway going on here)
First off, I have my little giveaway going on (which by the way, if you are paying attention, has increased from $20 to $30) and some other places in the bloggy world have been kind enough to mention it and get the word out. Now, isn't that just the nicest?
So, it's time for me to reciprocate the link love and for you to head over and visit them too!
Most of you probably know about 5 Minutes for Mom, the great site that highlights all kinds of things in our Mom blogosphere. They included my giveaway in their "5 Minutes Around the Blogosphere" post yesterday. Go check it out for all kinds of other good info.
5m4m was started by 2 moms just like most of us and they also run a couple of darling online stores, A Rocking Horse to Love and Pedalcars and Retro Collectibles. If I had a little girl that butterfly rocker would SO be in my house - CUTE!
A Juggling Mum, who makes her home in Australia, was also nice enough to let her readers know about the giveaway, both on her blog and on her Mom blog network. She currently has picks up of her darling kids - you have to see them (just scroll down a bit on her blog)!
I also want to Welcome my friend Natalie to the blog world. See, she's had a blog for a while now, but she's just recently REALLY getting into it (a.k.a entering the addiction stage) so stop by and say "hi" if you get a chance. She will also be part of the Ultimate Blog Party that is coming up very soon (also hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom.) See the button on my sidebar. You must come to the party! ; )
Another giveaway that is going on that I think is SO cute is over at Frog in my Soup - it's for some Mommy Calling Cards, which are like business cards for us Mommies! Love this! On second thought, don't go over there and try to win these because I really want them! ; )
Simply Amusing Blog (love that name!) is celebrating her 500th post (WOW!) with a giveaway as well. She's got a great blog and I am just in awe at the fact that she's on her 500th! Congrats!
That about wraps it up. I feel so much better now that we've had this little meeting, please resume your regularly scheduled programs. Your assignment is to visit some of these folks as soon as you can. Don't worry, I won't be back to check your work but trust me it will be worth it to stop by!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Anyway, here's some stuff goin' on in my world.
(Oh, and if you didn't already know, I have a little giveaway going on right now so see my previous post).
- Little G is cutting his top two "teefers" and has been sporting a low grade fever for the past few days. Luckily it doesn't affect his sleep, but his mood while awake is another story.
- There are a lot of things coming up in the next month or so and I'm pretty much not ready for it all. Let's see, I have to decide about preschool for both boys, I am singing in a wedding next weekend (for pay, yeah!), Easter is right around the corner, my birthday just a few days after that, The B Man's birthday (in which I feel I have to come up with some wonderful party, oh the stress!)
- I am WAY behind on my scrapbooking, partly b/c I spend so much time blogging instead...
- I need to go back to the dentist to get a tooth filled which means I have to find a babysitter for Little G again
- Spring is on it's way and that is a reason to be happy :-) I love SPRING!
- I haven't watched any of the new LOST shows yet so I have to avoid any talk of it and turn the t.v. down or off when any previews for the show come on
- I am out of shape. What evidence do I have of this? Well, I pulled many a weed out of my yard and flower beds last Wednesday and the back of my legs are still a little sore.
- The B Man has been a bit of a terror lately. I am thinking that 3 has just been a kinda hard year and that on April 2, when he turns 4, it will all change to sweetness and he will always do what I ask and listen, etc., right? Just let me be disillusioned for a little bit, ok? I like living in my own little world where this is concerned!
- I have good news! It turns out there is no sign at all of an economic recession according to the fact that while shopping at the mall today I could hardly get my stroller past all the women in the stores. Albeit outlet stores, but still...
- The Academy Awards are tomorrow night and I am very excited for some red carpet action. I think I have seen maybe one of the movies that is nominated, but hey, who's counting?
- I will now post a recipe that is a FAMILY FAVORITE and was our dessert tonight after a meal with some of our sweet neighbors. The name really says it all.
Disappearing Marshmellow Brownies
1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips
1/4 Cup Butter/Margarine
3/4 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Marshmellows
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (or spray with cooking spray) 9" or 8" pan.
Melt the butterscotch chips and butter in 3 qt saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
Add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and egg into butterscotch mixture in sauce pan and mix well. Fold the chocolate chips, marshmellows and nuts, if including, into the batter until just combined (about 5 strokes).
Spread into pre-greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. DO NOT overbake. Middle should be a little soft but will firm up after cooling
Note: These will "disappear" quickly as seen below... just some crumbs, that's all that's left.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Oh and I almost forgot! If you will mention this contest on your blog and link back here then I will enter you in the contest twice! Just let me know you did so in your comment!
Lastly, I have a little button for AG on my sidebar (do you see it over there >>) and if you do not win (it's okay, there can only be one) and still want to purchase something from Announcements Galore please do it through my blog because it's also my first affiliate and both of us would be so appreciative!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
After reading a lot, crying, laughing, praying and crying some more I felt moved to do something as so many people have in these last several days. Tonight I talked to Tim and we decided to sponsor a little boy very close to The B Man's age. Now he has someone new to pray for (!) and hopefully they can become pen pals. His name is Niwamanya Casbert and he has the sweetest face. I can't wait to get to know him better. I hope to make his life a little better too. We have so much, it only makes sense to share it.
Another blogger, who I was introduced to while following the group to Uganda, Shaun, is motivating people to sponsor a child and to give, give, give! God Bless Him!
So, if you feel compelled, get yourself over to the Compassion site and sponsor a child too. Or, if you already sponsor one, head over to Shaun's site and spread the news. There are SO many children that need our help, hope and prayers.
First the P.J.s go on (every other night this happens after a bath with baby brother), then there is a little playing of trains.
After that Daddy usually arrives home from work and there is much hugging and kissing.
Next, he and Daddy play a train game on the computer for a few minutes, in which the main goal is to "crash" the train.
Then it's usually about time to go read a book with Daddy. Can anyone venture a guess as to what the book is probably about? (Hint: It starts with a 'T")
So, where do I come in? Oh, I get the last and very best part. Prayers. It's so cute to pray with my son and I love this time with him right before he drifts off to sleep.
He just left to go read with Daddy a few minutes ago and as he walked away he asked, "But will Mommy come and say my prayers and Father?"
(a.k.a. "Our Father..." or "The Lord's Prayer.")
These are the times I will always remember and treasure. One of my prayers? Thank God for my sweet little boys...
Monday, February 18, 2008
- EAT & DRINK (as in finger food or Mommy's milk)
- Get into stuff (particularly anything gadget-like - proof that he is his father's son...)
- Pull Up on ANYTHING he can (sometimes resulting in a loss of balance and thus a little "bonk" on the noggin or some other part of the body...ouch!)
- Babbling and blowing bubbles
- Bathing/Showering (LOVES the shower with Daddy!)
- Following Big Brother around the house by crawling
- Listening to Daddy make funny noises and laughing at him
- Searching on the floor for more things to eat (yick!)
- Playing with his toys, board books and brother's toys (not the best idea...)
And here are a few shots of the little man, even pretending to eat! And another hanging out in the laundry basket with his brother. Actually, Daddy was pulling them around the house in the basket, which The B Man loves and Little G is not too sure about yet.
So there you have it. In just 3 short months this child will be celebrating his 1st birthday. Excuse me while I go weep a little...
Saturday, February 16, 2008
I am most excited because this is my first bloggy award of any type and I just think it's the coolest! (It's the little things in life...)
Anyway, here are the rules that come with this sticker:
1. Choose 3 people you want to reward for their good bloggy behavior. (I say if you don’t have three that’s ok. Pick one person.)
2. Link them in a post along with the “Caught Being Good” sticker.
3. Let them know they’ve been “Caught Being Good” and encourage them to pay it forward (if they feel like it).That’s it!
So, here I go, spreading some linky love. You don’t have to be nominated to nominate someone but here are my picks:
Brittany - 4 Little Men - This lady has AWESOME photography on her blog and she has 4 BOYS! That alone deserves all kinds of awards!!
Nicole - As Many as We're Given - If it was't for finding her, I may not be as involved in blogging as I am because she was the first blog I found that linked to so many others and sent me on this path. Oh, and she's about to have her 5th child, so she needs lots of extra love!
And then... this morning I found out that I won a $50 Target gift card over at Chased By Children, just for participating in her giveaways this week!! I never win anything, I mean except for NOW of course! Looks like momma's gonna get some new Spring clothes and even maybe shoes. YEAH!
So, like I said it's been a good day in Bloggy Land. I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's cold and rainy here but there's sunshine in my heart (I know, cheesy...)
Thursday, February 14, 2008
I will say the few bites I have had so far (saving most of these for tonight) was pretty darn good. I also made some of my own from the recipe Candice gave out and despite the fact that the frosting didn't look quite like hers, they are pretty tasty too (and yes, I just used regular ole vanilla).
So Happy Valentine's Day, I hope your day is full of love! Here is a Smilebox with some "sweet" faces to make your day! Just click on it to play it and don't forget to click Next to see pictures of both boys!
|Make a free ecard - it's easy!|
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
So, all I have to say is Thank GOD I have a wonderful husband because if I didn't I would be a wreck right now. What makes him so wonderful you may ask. Well... Let's see. He arranged for his mom to stay with The B Man while the rest of us went to the doctor to get me some drugs. He basically ran the house for 3 days, wrangling 2 active little boys. He showed up by the bed with meals when he knew I might not think I was hungry but I just needed to eat. He mopped the kitchen and did laundry while I was out of it. He administered my "drugs" when needed and helped "nurse" me back to health. He kissed my forhead and gave me hugs, knowing that I just needed some love.
It's hard to be sick but it would be SO much harder if I didn't have such a good and caring husband. I try to "celebrate" him as much as I can (I try...) but we know life gets in the way sometimes. Since this is the week of Valentine's I feel everyone should know how much I love him and what a wonderful marriage we have. I feel very lucky because I am.
So, out of sickness comes a huge reminder that I am truly blessed. That we both are - with each other's love and with our beautiful boys and our family.
I am feeling much better today and life will resume back to "normal" but I will not forget how I was able to get through the last few days, with my sweet Tim "holding down the fort" while I needed to rest and recoup. You're the best my love.
Friday, February 8, 2008
This means I have to miss the party tomorrow (picture me throwing a 2-year old like tantrum on the floor right now, arms flailing and the whole bit- that's if I had the energy, which I don't, so just pretend).
On the bright side my darling husband made me a milkshake earlier and I didn't feel one bit guilty drinking the entire thing.
Now we just have to hope and pray that the rest of the family doesn't get this nastiness in their system (especially the baby that I am still nursing...).
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Thankfully Tim stayed home yesterday while I slept most of the morning. Some kind of "bug" found it's way into my system and I felt a little flu-like yesterday. Today it's just a yucky cough and my throat hurts a little. I know a lot of junk is going around these days but isn't it strange to have completely different symptoms two days in a row?
All I know is that I hope I feel much better by the weekend b/c we've had babysitting scheduled for a while now so we can attend an "adults only" party that we are invited to on Saturday and we need a little "adult only" time, you know?
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
The B Man: I don’t want Daddy to go to work.
Me: Well, if Daddy doesn’t go to work then we can’t live in this house or have food to eat every day or wear nice clothes.
The B Man: Will we have to live in a box under a bridge?
Me (somewhat thrown for a loop): Possibly.
The B Man: Oh, I know – we could live in a treasure chest!
Problem Solved! Daddy, you can come home from work now… ; )
Sunday, February 3, 2008
- I take back everything I said about Katherine Heigl here. She was on Oprah on Friday and kept going on about how she got her teeth fixed. Now she IS flawless and she is no longer my celebrity BFF.
- I got to go to the mall yesterday BY MYSELF!! It was like I was having some sort of out of body experience. This is twice that I've gone out alone, without the kids in a 9 day time period. Like my mother has always said, miracles do happen.
- On said shopping trip I discoved that purchasing new underwear is not as fun as it used to be...
- I entered a ton of giveaways last week and have yet to be notified that I won anything, however, I sent my winner her prize yesterday and truly hope that she enjoys it.
- The B Man had a couple of play"dates" today. In the afternoon he got to hang out with Sydney and this evening he got to hang out with Chloe. I would say he did pretty good in the girlfriend department, if you know what I mean! :-)
- Tim did a few things around the house this weekend that needed to be taken care of (a.k.a worked on his "honey do" list). It is "handy" to have him around. I know... bad pun...
- I had the realization that Lent begins THIS WEEK and I would like to "give up" something this year. I have decided that it's going to be fast food, primarily french fries or anything resembling them such as waffle fries (oh that hurts!), tater tots, etc. It will be hard but has to be done. I actually hope it makes me want the stuff less... but that theory is a total long shot. I will keep you "posted" on how it goes (ha!) Are you giving anything up? Let me know so I can feel less alone...
- Little G has started playing that game where you put something in front of him and he throws it down on the floor and can repeat the action 100 times. He's also playing that game where he can pull up next to pretty much anything and I don't think that one is nearly as much fun since this means he can get into even more stuff around here. That little monkey is quite intent on growing up!!
- I took a walk with the boys in the double stroller yesterday and pushed them up 3 fairly steep hills in our neighborhood. Don't be impressed. I barely made it up the 3rd and just proved that I am terribly out of shape.
- I got a free pretzel from Auntie Anne's yesterday b/c they were giving them away to celebrate their 20th anniversary. Hence the need for the walk...
- I have a couple of the cutest boys on the planet (possibly THE cutest boys...) and here's some proof
Friday, February 1, 2008
We've been in contact and I am happy to report that I "made her day" because she AND her husband are under the weather with colds (okay, not happy to report that part). So, the news cheered her up. Who knew the giveaway could warm the heart of a sick woman? Ladies, we are doin' some good with this giveaway thing and don't you forget it! When you get a chance pop on over and visit her lovely blog.
Thanks so much to everyone who came by and visited me! I hope I gained some new friends and I KNOW I found some new blogs to frequent myself while breezing through as many giveaways as I could! I tell ya, my fingers have never had such a workout, even in my heavy Excel days! Wait! There are still some contests open... I better get back to work...
And, if all goes well by early next week I should be standing in my kitchen wearing a few new aprons, drinking some new hot tea, donning a new necklace and bracelet while I look down on the counter at my gift cards from Starbucks, Amazon and Barnes & Noble with my new handmade tote bag over my shoulder!!